Utah Department of Health, Office of Health Disparities
Starts: May 15, 2017, Ends: August 2018
15 h/week (including some evenings and weekends)
$12.00 per hour
- Main Responsibility: Assist in the implementation and of a community health program aimed to improve access to primary care and oral health services among underserved communities.
- Additional Responsibilities: Assist with other projects and activities as assigned by the Office of Health Disparities Management.
- Provide preventive screenings to community members after receiving training
- Preparation, set up and take down of outreach events as well as transporting supplies and equipment
- Collect data at outreach events
- Oversee outreach team and operations
- Uploading, entering, reviewing data collected at outreach events
- Managing inventory
- Other tasks as needed.
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master degree in a field related to health care, public health, or health promotion
- Must be fluent (verbal and written) in English and Spanish
- Available to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends (Saturdays)
- Capable of attending outreach events in Salt Lake County
- Capable of transporting supplies and equipment
- Must have own vehicle and current Utah driver's license
- Must be able to work in this position at least until August 2018 or longer
- Utah Department of Health, Cannon Building (1460 W, North Temple), Salt Lake City. Some travel required, mostly within Salt Lake County.
- Qualified applicants must email resume (no more than 2 pages) and additional information (no more than one page, see below) to Dulce Díez @ email@example.com Subject: BCC Internship Position
- Additional information: Briefly explain (in no more than one additional page) your experience with, and knowledge of, Utah’s diverse communities. Provide specific examples as well as references and contact information for those references.
- Requested materials (resume and additional information) must be received by April 28, 2017 at 5:00 PM.